Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Discovering Pantheism

Greetings!



Today I'm sharing my research on Pantheism

One of my most important beliefs while on this journey is the acknowledgement of nature and the universe. Also, it's important to me that the path I take contains no anthropomorphized separate deities to worship as you would have in traditional religions. The reason why, is that I currently don't associate myself with any specific deity. I don't believe that there is one deity above humanity which we must worship or follow as the one true god. While I was doing my research, I came across the Pantheism term and started studying it.

It happens to combine these two thoughts into one belief, which is the closest I've found to what I believe in. Pantheism is defined as:

"The belief that everything composes an all-encompassing, immanent God, or that the universe (or nature) is identical with divinity. Pantheists thus do not believe in a personal or anthropomorphic god."

-Source: Wikipedia

I was surprised when I read its definition, it's pretty much how I'd describe my approach to my beliefs. This concept is very important to me because in my journey I do want to incorporate nature and the universal elements and forces into my every day living and belief system and this approach does pretty much that. I'd like to be embrace my natural surroundings more often and be in tune with the universe. I believe that without them we would simply not be able to live, therefore they deserve respect and acknowledgement. 

One topic of debate in the Pantheist belief is that there is no personal god but some scholars have stated that there is the possibility of that kind of approach within the belief system. While I'm not interested in having the universe as a godlike personified entity, I do understand that to me it feels personal somewhat. I think it's because of the connection that exists between humans and the universe and nature. Having an eclectic approach to it gives me an advantage of taking it as I may.

If you'd like to know more about this, here are some of the sources I researched on Pantheism:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pantheism/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pantheism
http://www.pantheist.net/

Until next time.

Image source: http://naturalpantheist.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/the-sacred-symbol-of-our-faith/

*The information on this blog is my personal opinion based on experience and research. Every post has a source link for credit purposes, should it contain material from other sources. I'm not an expert on any of the subject matters discussed herein and I'm not responsible for the material offered in the websites linked as sources.*


No comments:

Post a Comment