Thursday, August 22, 2013

FAQ

Greetings!



As you might have noticed from the title of this post, these are some FAQs to help my readers understand this blog a little bit more.

1. What does Eclectic Wonderland mean?

Eclectic is a person or concept that derives ideas from other concepts to make one of its own. It's like borrowing ideas from others to create your customized belief. Wonderland is simply because I love anything fantasy-inspired and I love Alice in Wonderland. Wonderland is always full of different things and characters so I thought it would go perfectly with the eclectic concept, plus it adds a little magical touch to it.

2. What's the purpose of this blog?

This blog is merely a "personal" detailed account on the search of my spirituality and I decided to document in online not only for me but for other people who might be going through the same things I am and can identify with what I write here. My only goal is to help people who might feel lost on their spiritual journey while keeping track of my personal findings and experiences as well.

3. Have you ever been religious or experienced any other type of spiritual path before starting this blog?

Yes. I used to be a Christian. I was brought up in a Christian household but parted from it while I was in college. After that, I considered myself an agnostic but never really looked into anything more than that, spiritually speaking, until now.

4. Why did you decide to search for a new spiritual path now? 

Right after I left Christianity, I was just immersed in college and my job and didn't have any time to do anything else. My life has been slowing down now that I'm older and I had been feeling somewhat lost during the past few years. I wanted to have some kind of guidance in my life and some kind of spiritual order and connection, so I decided to research some concepts and I pretty much had an epiphany of what I should do.

5. How did you start your research?

I first sat down and reflected on things that I've realized and that I believe in and want for my spiritual journey. After careful thought, discussion and consideration of what my intuition and heart desired I started typing on Google and I came across different concepts and started reading about them. I rejected the ones that didn't click right away and embraced the ones that did. One thing has led me to the other ones and I'm still discovering new concepts and ideas every day. I also watched some videos on YouTube about many people and their experiences in the concepts I've researched and that has helped me identify with them even more. I research and read every day. I've also started implementing some of the ideas I've come across in my daily lifestyle.

6. How did you decide what you believe in?

Life experiences. I'm nowhere near done "deciding" what I believe in as it can change depending on what I go through. Some people might call this "flaky" or "indecisive" but I think that the things I've experienced have taught me much more than any book could teach me. I just go with my intuition and what my gut tells me. I think everyone should listen to their inner selves and find answers from within first and then embark on their spiritual journey.

7. How long do you plan on writing this blog?

I have no idea. I haven't set an "ending" to this blog and I don't think I will. I think this is a lifelong journey and one doesn't end it, it just evolves, so even if I decide to change paths later on I'll still write about it here because that's still part of the journey.

8. Which concepts have you embraced so far, either partially or fully?

The very first concept I came across was Wicca and although I do not embrace it fully, I have adopted some of its beliefs. Other concepts that I've embraced (so far) are Pantehism, Eclectic and Paganism.

These are all for now. I'll keep updating this as I get more questions so check this post regularly for new info.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment