Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What I'm Looking for in my Spiritual Path

Greetings!


As I venture on the journey of finding my spiritual path, there some standards that should be met by whichever path I choose. Some people might say to just go with the flow and embrace whatever comes to you but I think that sometimes one should at least set certain facts about one's beliefs before jumping into any spiritual path.

Today, I will share some of the things I'm looking for regarding spirituality and beliefs. These are:

     
  • No deity/deities: I quite simply do not embrace any concept that might involve an anthropomorphized god/goddess, especially created by man. This is not to say that I don't embrace certain elements of a concept but it merely states that I won't embrace the concept as an absolute, unless I have some sort of epiphany about it.
  • Eclectic Approach: I'd like to embrace different types of concepts from various religions or beliefs, should they suit my belief system.
  • Non-Totalitarian Religious Approach: I do not wish to embrace a religion as a whole.
  • Universe/Nature/Cosmos Centered: Whichever path I take must acknowledge these elements, as I believe they are what gives us life.
  • Symbolism: Although I may not embrace any religion in particular, I may embrace some of its symbolism. I like to associate beliefs with symbols, as they remind me of my beliefs.
  • Freedom: It's incredibly important for me that I experience spiritual freedom. I'm an ever changing being and my life and belief system changes depending on my experiences. I'd like to embrace different things and not feel like I have to follow a restrained path.


Some people might read this and say that I'm approaching this the wrong way, that I have too many requirements, that spirituality should not be dictated rather felt, etc. but I'm a strong believer of guidance and cohesiveness and for that to work for me I have to set standards. I can't just go around trying to find something that suits me if I don't even know what I'm looking for.

I think it's important for one to know what one believes in and what one stands for. Spirituality is a serious business and should not be taken lightly. For me, it's a very important part of who I am and how I am. It's best to sit down, analyze and meditate about what it is that we believe in, if anything. I know I'm just beginning but at least I have a clear mindset of what I want and what feels right for me.

Of course, this is not to say that I will never change my mind about any of the things I listed. As I said, I'm ever changing and I learn new things every day. Today I might feel this way but in the future I might not. Everybody changes depending on life experiences and the knowledge collected during the years. I used to be a devoted religious person throughout my teenage years until my early 20's but here I am now, not wanting to go down that road. It happens all the time and one should embrace change, it's what makes us who we are.

Do you have any spiritual requirements? Let me know!

Until next time.

Image source: http://writingcareercoach.com/2010/09/the-conference-debrief/

*The information on this blog is my personal opinion based on experience and research. Every post has a source link for credit purposes, should it contain material from other sources. I'm not an expert on any of the subject matters discussed herein and I'm not responsible for the material offered in the websites linked as sources.*

No comments:

Post a Comment